Why buy or invest (in) a property abroad?
Surely you hear more and more often that one of your closest friends or relatives has bought a property abroad. And it is that either as a second summer residence or as an investment, having a property in another country ceases to be a luxury to become normal.
There are plenty of reasons for you to carry out this purchase in Spain. Imagine enjoying a beautiful view of the beach with crystal clear waters and golden sands from your terrace facing the sea; living the excellent Mediterranean climate, which offers an average of 340 days of sunshine a year or in a city with beautiful architecture and cultural and artistic events or in the mountains enjoying nature and sports, in addition to enjoying exquisite culinary culture, good music and beautiful natural landscapes.
In addition, there are other compelling reasons:
- Despite the huge growth, property values are still not reaching their all-time high, so even budget buyers will find something that suits their capital and
- If you are looking to rent your house to cover running costs or to delve into purchase-to-rent investments, Spain can be leveraged as a successful tourism brand.
What is the Golden Visa?
The Golden Visa, also called the Golden Visa, is a program established in many countries that allows you to obtain citizenship or residence in that territory in exchange for a significant capital investment in it.
Normally, this investment can materialize in the acquisition of real estate above a certain value, investment in public debt or investment in companies ( visa startup).
Foreigners who are interested in entering, in particular, in Spanish territory, in order to make an investment, may apply for a stay visa or, where appropriate, a residence visa for investors.
The best thing is that you do not have to worry about doing the paperwork, in our company we take care of all the procedure through the law firm that we have as a partner. We also guide you on the expenses and taxes that are associated with the purchase process.
How to get a Golden Visa in Spain?
This visa can be obtained by those who make investments in real estate assets of more than 500,000 euros, as long as the applicant contributes, at least, this amount through own capital, has shares or bank deposits for more than 1,000,000 euros or has invested in public debt.
Expenses and taxes that must be paid when buying a property in Spain
Both foreign and national buyers must pay the notarial expenses, the public registry of the sale and the property transfer tax. These expenses usually represent about 10.5% of the purchase value of the home.
Bhouses, through its tax advisory department, accompanies its clients both in the sale and in the annual declaration of the real estate assets of the foreign owner in Spain.
The advantages of the Golden Visa in Spain
- It allows you to live and work legally in Spain. Then we can identify the Golden Visa also as a work permit.
- This visa allows residence in Spain for at least one year. After this time, it is possible to apply for a Residence Permit that has an initial stay of 2 years. If the investment and the rest of the requirements are maintained, the maximum duration of the residence permit is 5 years.
- To obtain this visa , residence in Spanish territory is NOT required. Remember that residence is equivalent to residing in the country for more than 183 days in the year. Meanwhile, the golden visa only requires the applicant to travel to the country once a year.
- It provides total freedom of movement throughout the Schengen area. By this we mean that you will have the right to travel to Spain and the 26 countries of the Schengen area without a visa.
- The main applicant (investor), while applying for his residence permit, may also require the residence permit of his spouse and children. For this reason, the investor visa is a fully recommended option for those families who wish to start living in Spain.
- Remember that the golden visa is one of the many ways to get Spanish nationality. After 10 years residing legally in Spain, the investor will be able to carry out this procedure.
- Persons covered by these programmes are often exempt from meeting the residency or language requirements that are applicable to the rest of the applicants.
Requirements to apply for the Golden Visa in Spain
In order to successfully opt for the Golden Visa, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Not be a citizen of a member country of the European Union. It is important to remember that this special residence permit is designed for citizens of countries outside the European area, for which it is more complex to get a visa in Spain.
- Be of legal age. In the case of Spain, the investor must be over 18 years of age.
- Lack of a criminal record, both in Spain and in any other country. The deadline to take into account here will be the last 5 years.
- Have covered healthcare in Spain. In this case, you can take out public insurance or private insurance, but it must be with an insurance company in Spain. Neither travel nor country of origin insurance works. However, in the event that the insurance has deficiencies, it would not be a reason to deny the application.
- Provide and demonstrate the possession of sufficient economic means for the support - both of the main investor and his family (if he also applied for the residence permit for them).
- Make the investment in question (either € 500,000, € 1M or € 2M depending on the chosen route) and provide the corresponding document that proves it.
- To apply for the Golden Visa it is not necessary for the applicant to do it physically in Spain. You can simply appoint a representative to collect the relevant documentation instead.
At Bhouses we manage your Golden Visa and the property of your dreams
Bhouses provides advice and manages your residence permit through a law firm specialized in immigration and obtaining visas.
In addition, through our Real Estate Personal Shopping service , we present the best investment alternatives in first-line sea properties, from € 500,000.
We also have legal assistance and accompaniment throughout the process:
- Due Diligence on the property.
- Due Diligence on the requirements attributable to the application of the Golden Visa.
- Assistance and obtaining the administrative NIE via collaborator (the price for this procedure is charged separately).
- Introduction of financial institutions for the opening of the bank account (provided that the client meets the requirements established by the financial compliance .
- Assistance in the contracting of medical insurance.
- Assistance with sworn translations.
- Preparation of the forms and payment of the corresponding administrative fees on behalf of the client.
- Submission of the Golden Visa application and assistance with the notification centre with the Spanish authorities.
- Preparation of the fingerprinting appointment once the application for a residence permit has been approved.
- Application for the appointment of collection of the TIE residence card (if necessary depending on the police station).
- Resolution of queries of interest to the client.
We are the only real estate consultancy specialized in urban, coastal and mountain properties in Andorra and Catalonia, and we connect you with the home of your dreams at competitive prices and adaptable to your budget. Because meeting your needs and those of your family is our premise.